Tuesday 1 September 2009

25 random things about me


1. I'm really swedish, not just "my-family-came-to-america-in-the-early-1900's-and-I-don't-speak-the-language-swedish", but born-and-raised swedish.

2. I'm also american. The naturalized kind that came-to-the-country-in-the-early-2000-and-speaks-the-language-with-an-accent.

3. My heart has many homes and I'm constantly homesick. 

4. I live in a house in England that used to be a barn. Horses used to live here.

5. I'm deathly afraid of horses. 

6. I'm a passionate feminist who swore to never get married. 

7. Every day I fall deeper in love with my husband. (Breaking the vow of non-marriage is the best decision I ever made)

8. I'm a domestic disaster turned temporary housewife.

9. My mom never let me help around the kitchen as a child and I'm learning how to cook in my mid-30's with the help of Jamie Oliver and Rachel Ray. 

10. Cleaning house, getting up early, and bad weather makes me grumpy. There should be laws against these things.

11. I wanted to be an opera singer and a ballet dancer when I was a little girl. -Hah!

12. I would do my job for free. And have. Too many times.

13. I'm really skinny. I'm just wearing a fat suit and can remove it at any time.

14. I smoked 20 cigarettes a day, every day, for 15+ years. Now I don't.

15. Fake boobs scare me. Men who love fake boobs scare me more. 

16. Cancer, tics, fleas and mites creep me out. I've had all four. 

17. I've discovered the irony in spending my entire youth trying not to get pregnant.

18. I'd choose texting or mailing over talking on the phone any day. But if given the choice I'd rather see people in person than text or mail.

19. Every time I try to organize my office I end up in a pile of old letters, photos, books, ticket stubs, and artwork. It's very time consuming and the finished product is always less organized than the original.

20. I have 3 bonus daughters and 2 bonus grandsons that I wish I knew better and lived closer to.

21. You can't choose your family but if you could I would choose mine.

22. I love my pets too much. But they don't seem to mind.

23. I always give people one more chance than they deserve. 

24. In spite of being spiritual I don't really care for any religion and think they too often defeat their purpose and that God/Allah/Zhu/Bhagavan/Yahweh is too big to fit in any box. 

25. I'm about to embark on one of the biggest adventures of my life. I'm joining the IVF circus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me. Hug me. Spank me. Whatever, just comment.