Friday 25 September 2009

True OCD behavior

Normally in our family, D is the one that has a serious case of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. I have a rare outbrake every now and then but more often I'm accused of being so laid back I'm horizontal. However, I just finished commenting on number 135 on the ICLW list. I'm still in my unflattering Dr. Seuss fleece pants, the house is a mess, my doggy has given up hoping for an early walk and my hair is in desperate need of a wash. But I'm an iron commenter - Yay! And I was just about to open the bottle of champagne (or at least have breakfast) when I realized I can't email Mel to get on the honor roll because my default mail is not set for gmail, I don't know how to change it, and I can't find her email adress written anywhere... (insert cartoon running for the hills screaming) -NOOOOOOOOOO!
What to do? Can I leave a comment commenting on my commenting on her latest post maybe?
Meanwhile, I'll just make my own badge and pretend it's the real deal...

Update X number of hours later: I got the real badge - Yippee! Thanks Mrs Bee and Mel for helping this digitally challenged girl :-) I feel a little silly being so happy about this feat, but this week has given me a jump start in this whole new world of blogging. And when I later saw the warm recognition Mel gave my "The What if Not List" post in her Friday Blog Round Up I was so happy I picked up the phone to call D. But I quickly had to remind myself that I want this to be an anonymous blog where I can be completely honest and not worry about what any of my loved ones think and promptly put the phone down. I did a little happy dance in my office instead. Then I cleaned the house, took one happy dog for a long walk, jumped in the shower and put on some jeans. It's Friday, the sun is shining and I feel pretty good. 

Have a great weekend!

18 comments:

  1. thetowncriers@gmail.com <--- Mels email addy! :)

    AND!
    Congrats on being an Iron Commenter!!


    Also...

    There is nothing wrong with Dr.Seuss fleece pants!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the Iron Commenter status!

    and thanks for stopping by my blog ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yay! I just saw you are on the Friday blog roundup. Congrats on that and being an iron commenter. I need to take the next ICLW week off work so I can keep up with all the reading. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on becoming an Iron commenter :D I felt the same way when I finished. Your pj pants sound cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Um...the email me button at the top of the blog :-)

    I would be excited too. I have yet to reach iron commenter status though I have tried many times. One day. But it is an amazing feat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats!!!!!!!! I'm so happy you made it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yippeee, you reached iron status. This is my first time doing that too. My DH thought I was crazy for talking about commenting for 3 days straight. But, we did it!!! I am sending you a virtual glass of sparkling apple cider (I don't drink alcohol much).

    Have a great day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on being an iron commenter! That takes a lot of patience. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats Iron Commenter!! I'm on my way to acheiveing that goal too. Wish I could have done it while wearing fleece Dr. Seuss pants, but doing it at work and getting paid for it isn't too bad either. Thanks for visiting my blog and following along!!

    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats! It's quite an accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Impressive! That takes a whole lot of effort, and I'm amazed by everyone who has the fortitude to do it. It is so appreciated. Thanks for your comments! *ICLW* - Tkeys

    ReplyDelete
  12. Woo hoo. I always say I will do it, havent yet, so you are good congrats!!! Thanks for all your comments, good to know you. xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  13. WTG! I did not even attempt this for my first time in ICLW, maybe next time? :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE your background! And congrats on the Iron Commenter!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations on being an Iron Commenter - I keep thinking at the start of the week that I'll do it this month... but then I get tied up with something else, so don't manage it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I will get it too....sooner or later. Congratulations. I was happy to have your visit. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on the iron commentor and for popping by my blog!
    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats on IC! Thanks for visiting my site. I love our necklaces. I see that you are doing an OCT IVF? I am still waiting on AF to show to start my FET cycle. Wishing you well!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me. Hug me. Spank me. Whatever, just comment.