Friday 16 October 2009

And the snow started falling


I've spent the past 4 days silently repeating the mantra grow, follies, grow in my head and picturing a landscape of green growth in my ovaries. Today I went to Gothenburg for my second ultrasound and, ladies and peeps, we have 6 good looking follies on the right and the left side is sporting two big ones (and probably a few more hiding since Dr. Doodle still had problems getting a good view of my leftie). Dr. Doodle told me the lining looks good and is ready for a little acrobat, and that he wants me to take Gonal-F and Orgalutran for 2 more days, trigger with Ovitrelle on Sunday and be ready for retrieval on Tuesday morning. I was so happy and relieved I practically twirled out of the exam room.


Nurse Inga went over the detailed instructions for me and the Hubster (who needs to wash his dudes with special soap and give them a clean shave - whoot!) and gave me two little surprises. First surprise was that our scheduled transfer day has been postponed to Sunday since retrieval was pushed forward one day. Remember the thing about non-refundable tickets? Yup, our tickets home are for Sunday. Oops! But as I'm taking a big chunk out of that sour apple she brings out the second surprise in an orange bag from behind the desk. One 300IE shot of Gonal-F and one Orgalutran on the house! Nurse Inga rocks! I was not looking forward to having to cough up another six-seven hundred dollars for meds today on top of having to buy a new plane ticket. What a completely wonderful thing to get, I had to restrain myself from kissing and squeezing her. She probably wouldn't have appreciated that affection with the swine flu red alert thing going on in Sweden so instead I thanked her from the bottom of my heart. I left the fertility centre with a big smile on my face. And then the snow started falling. The first snow of the year covering trees still filled with yellow and red leaves with an icy white blanket. Absolutely gorgeous.


Tomorrow I'm going to pick up D at the airport. I'm looking forward to covering him in big wet kisses. Life is good and I feel hopeful. Did I write that out loud? Yes. I feel hopeful.

18 comments:

  1. Yay!!

    I'm feeling positive for you too!!

    Hope everything goes well my lovely!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been waiting to hear how it went. Yay! I'm so excited for you. Bummer about the plane ticket, but it's not the end of the world, especially with the free meds.

    Snow?! ACK! We are really suffering with record breaking heat. It's supposed to be in the 90s again for the 14th straight day. Hmm...I almost might like some snow. Almost....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea for a good looking cycle and free drugs :) I hope this cycle continues to go great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy to read this! Now you've got 8-great-looking follies and some hiders in there too, I bet. Methinks you'll make it into double digits at retrieval.

    And, we all need a little Nurse Inga in our lives! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats!! Wishing you loads of success!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What wonderful news! I hope you feel lucky for a reason.....Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats!!! I'm soo happy for you and the hubbs I can't wait to hear more. Can you post pics of snow in Sweden!! Oh How I would love to see snow!! I can't wait for our 1st snow of the season. I think its a good sign that it snowed as you walked out of the office. And how cool that you got free meds!!! Nurse Inga is my favorite Nurse!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is great news, I will be waiting impatiently
    with news on what happens next!
    oh and GREAT mantra, what one will you be using
    now?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looking good!!! Keep up that positive mantra!

    ReplyDelete
  10. that is fantastic news, even the plane ticker does not seem so bad. SUPER EXCITING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is super dooper news!!! Congrats on those follie readings - they are what my dreams were made of when I was going through IVF - good going!! Bummer about the plane ticket but a standing ovation for nurse Inga - she rocks IVF!!

    We are due for our first very warm day of the spring season on Tuesday - not a snowflake in sight here (in fact it has never snowed where I live - though I did live in Canada and Colorado for some winters - brrr)!!

    Good luck for your trigger tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good luck that is such fantastic news!! What a wonderful surprise Nurse Inga sprung on you!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So exciting!! I wish you all the best and yay for free drugs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. all great news! congrats and good luck sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yeah for all of this awesome news. Very cool about nurse inga, she should definitely join your circus, well I guess he already has though somehow hasn't she? If you brought your camera I too would like to see some snow, we don't get any here in Cairo. Thinking of you and very happy to read your good news!!! You got lots of good eggs coming girl. xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sucky for having to change a NR ticket, but WOOHOO for free drugs! That is just spectacular! I was super worried about what would happen with our cycle if I went past 10 days of stimming, because we just didn't have enough drugs for that, and even with the insurance, it's still bleepin' expensive, especially if it's just for one or two more doses. Our clinic was notoriously tight-lipped about it, but I think they may have had a few sample doses to share, had it really come to that. But, in my case, it didn't. Still, I would have been completely thrilled to have a lovely nurse hand me free drugs. That would have rocked my world. I'm really hoping (if this beta is positive) that they will give me a few doses of the Crinone (or whatever vag. delivery of progesterone method they choose) so that I can IMMEDIATELY stop with the shots instead of having to wait for them to be delivered through my mail-order pharmacy.

    Ah, look how arrogant this little infertile girl is being! Fussing over progesterone delivery methods for *after* a positive beta! As if!!! I'm just going to keep coming back by here and hoping that a little of your lovely hope rubs off on me!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hope the trigger went well. Wishing you a wonderfully flawless and very fruitful ET!!

    Kari

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me. Hug me. Spank me. Whatever, just comment.