Monday 19 October 2009

Good bye belly pokers

Last night I gave myself the final shot of the cycle. I was so nervous about missing the given time of 7.30pm I must have checked my instructions at least ten times and cross referenced at least three watches and two clocks. At 7.30pm SHARP I plunged one little trigger shot called Ovitrelle into my bruised belly to make all the follies mature into beautiful shining eggs. I need to think of a good mantra that makes the eggs mature just enough for retrieval tomorrow morning and not enough to be released. Also, I need the ovaries to be easy to find and easy to work with. I'll paint a picture in my mind of shiny, perfect spheres bobbing around inside my stomach waiting to be harvested. Mature & wait, little eggs, mature & wait. 

I'm actually surprised how fast the days of shots have gone by and how relatively pain-free it's been. The trick for me has been to have Hubster or Mamma count to three with a loud emphasis on THREE and then stab the needle in without hesitation. Once it's in, it's fine. There's been some bruising from hitting blood vessles and some stinging/itching from the Orgalutran but all in all it's been a piece of cake. Not to say I won't be happy about not having to take any shots tonight, because that will be sweet, but it's been easier than I thought.

I wish I had taken pictures of the snow that fell Friday but I got caught in the moment and missed the opportunity because the snow didn't cover the land for more than a couple of hours. Sorry I couldn't share the beauty with you. It was truly spectacular. 

Tomorrow morning is retrieval time. Our scheduled doctor is our original consulting RE, Dr. Boss Lady. I'm pleased. I'm confident she won't have as many problems as Dr. Doodle did getting my left ovary to cooperate. She's persistent and firm like that. She'll start with the Hubster, hook him up with some good drugs and assault his dudes. The plan is to perform PESA. Dr. Boss Lady is confident she'll get good results considering D has fathered three girls before the vasectomy and reversal. Then it's my turn to get juiced up (please let the meds knock me out) and strapped into the old stirrup throne for harvest time. I hope they find a bunch of perfect, shiny eggs and a mother load of supreme shiny swimmers. I hope they learn to dance and make magic and that we get at least one perfect little acrobat to put back on Sunday. I'm nervous. And excited. Filled with hope. And scared shitless.

22 comments:

  1. Wishing you lots of luck and great eggs today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for you! I hope all goes smoothly and painlessly for both of you. And yay to no more shots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your retrieval.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was anxiously awaiting at update from you! I'm so happy you had a beautiful snowfall to make this week magical and memorable.

    How about "Get ready for your boyfriends, follies!" for your mantra? They have a pretty important date coming up with some eager fellows in the morning ;).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great! Loads of luck for your retrieval. I'll be waiting to hear how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh it sounds like its going great!! I can't wait to hear how it went!! Good Luck and I'm sending you happy baby thoughts and lots of baby dust too!!!
    Love & Hugs
    Mrs. Farmer

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thinking happy retrieval thoughts for you! :) Good luck, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wishing you tons of good luck!!! so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Best of luck tomorrow, how exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wishing all the best for you and your ER!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on finishing with the belly pokes! I'll be excited to hear the retrieval/fert report! Wishing you an easy retrieval and recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good luck!! So happy for you that you're done withh the shots!! You survived. Keeping my fingers crossed for a perfect retrieval and an awesome fert report for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Interestingly you write, I will address you'll find exciting and interesting things on similar topics. BOTAKQQ

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I’ll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. Samsung, Amana, Miele, Maytag, GE, LG, Whirlpool, Electrolux Dryer Repair in Studio City

    ReplyDelete
  15. At once this website should no doubt commonly end up leading involving almost all web log buyers, considering careful experiences along with testing. Sub-Zero, Viking, GE freezer repair in la canada

    ReplyDelete
  16. It is rather very good, nevertheless glance at the data with this handle. Rafeeg

    ReplyDelete
  17. It is the intent to provide valuable information and best practices, including an understanding of the regulatory process. SSC Result Published Date

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really enjoy simply reading all of your weblogs. Simply wanted to inform you that you have people like me who appreciate your work. Definitely a great post. Hats off to you! The information that you have provided is very helpful. tks

    ReplyDelete
  19. Higher Secondary School Certificate (HSC Result) Published on our Government Personal Officer Website: . HSC Result Student or Candidate First & Easily download HSC Result PDF File.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Higher Secondary School Certificate (HSC Result) Published on our Government Personal Officer Website: SSC Result Student or Candidate First & Easily download SSC Result PDF File.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Secondary School Certificate (SSC Marksheet) Published on our Government Personal Officer Website: SSC Marksheet Student or Candidate First & Easily download SSC Marksheet PDF File.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me. Hug me. Spank me. Whatever, just comment.