Wednesday 17 March 2010

Little Man Chevy

My littlest bonus grandson is not doing so good. He's been having trouble eating and keeping down food since the day he was born and have been in and out of the hospital every week. Last week he finally met with a neurosurgeon and was diagnosed with craniosynostosis. He will be going through surgery some time early next month and will most likely spend a good part of his first months wearing a helmet. More surgeries are likely to follow to reshape his cranium and eye sockets. We don't know yet when and for how long we'll be able to go over and lend a helping hand but Diver Dude is worried sick and just wants to leave today and stay however long it takes. Being this far from J-girl and her family is really rough in times like this. If you're the praying kind please include him in your prayers and if you're not some good vibes and happy thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

I've been tentatively cleared to go ahead with our FET this month. We will hopefully get the final approval from Dr. Boss Lady on Thursday. But that's all up in the air while we wait to hear about J-girl's little guy.


One day at the time. One foot in front of the other.

16 comments:

  1. My friend, you are in my thoughts. I don't know much about J's little guy problem, but I can imagine how worry you and Diver Dude must be. How far are you guys? Could you fly over at weekends and come back for work? And for the FET, if you think you won't have your full heart in it maybe it's better to wait another month, what do you think? Sending you love and prayers. Fran

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its hard to believe that beautiful little perfect baby could have anything wrong!! I will add him to my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My thoughts and prayers are with Little Man and your entire family! I hope all goes well with his surgeries and he pulls through like the champion he is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh he's gorgeous. And very well prayed for. No worries...

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful little boy!! All the positive energy in the world sent in his direction!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry you are dealing with this! My son also has craniosynostosis, but we were lucky in that he avoided surgery (it was deemed a mild case, for now). My best friend's daughter also has it - her daughter had surgery when she was 10 months old, and she did REALLY well. The younger they are when they have surgery, the better/easier for them. It is definitely toughest on the parents, though. I hope things go really well and he starts feeling better quickly! I know how scary this is right now, but it turns out craniosynostosis is fairly common anymore, which means really fantastic surgical outcomes. - Tkeys

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sending good thoughts and positive vibes to him and his family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Prayers to all of you. He is gorgeous and hope he improves soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have my prayers - for Little Man Chevy and all the family, and for your little ice skater too x

    ReplyDelete
  10. How awful - poor little guy!
    I'll be thinking of all of you! As usual, call if you need to talk! Or text me and we'll Skype!
    Hoping everything will go okay!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cutie. Sending him lots of good thoughts for a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My stepson had this, and today he is a perfectly normal, wonderful 14 year old. You can't even tell.

    ReplyDelete
  13. sending tons of love and healing thoughts to all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh that is so scary! But what a relief it is something correctable...

    ReplyDelete
  15. How awful! I am the praying type and will definitely say a prayer for him! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Saying many prayers for that gorgeous little man. I hope Diver Dude can go to her and its not that far, I don't remember where they are... Mr. Circus Director can make anything possible. I am so excited for your FET too. (Is your email airborne "something" at gmail? I want to send you something, but forgot if this is you or not) xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me. Hug me. Spank me. Whatever, just comment.