Monday, 16 August 2010
Back-ache fashionista and a popping feeling
Over the past few months I've been blessed with very few, and all minor, pregnancy symptoms.
• Boobs have been sore off and on (and every time the soreness goes away for a few days I panic)
• Nausea that have been more like mild motion sickness
• Dull crampy feeling in uterus
• LOTS of discharge (followed by many frantic dashes to the bathroom to check color and consistency)
• Burping that puts burly men to shame
• Hunger attacks that border on nausea
• Lovely metallic taste in my mouth that won't go away regardless of how much Scope I use
But the last two weeks something feels like it's being pinched in the lower left side of my back/butt. Several times I've found myself "stuck" on the toilet unable to get up and instead having to crawl on to the bathroom floor and get up with the help of a sink or bathtub. And this morning when I tried to get my walking shoes on I could not find a way of tying them up. Not sitting down, not leaning over, not even with my legs bent and angled out to the sides while sitting on the floor. So today, in the rain, through the fields and muddy streets, I walked Kona wearing these:
This morning when I was eating breakfast, comfortably seated in my favorite leather chair, cat purring in my lap - shhhh, don't tell Diver Dude - I suddenly felt something odd. It was as if three little bubbles burst inside babyville - and as I felt the pop-pop-pop, Meow-girl actually turned and gave me a puzzled look. I've never felt anything similar in my life and although I know it's waaaaay too early - 10w4d today - I'm absolutely convinced it was Bubba moving. In reality it was probably a fart trapped sideways, but it put a big silly smile on my face.